The New School Fund
The New School Fund was created to ensure that the school continues to offer the unique, creative educational environment our students thrive in. As we enter our fourth decade, it will play a significant role in program enrichment and the long-term health of the school. Your generous support of The New School Fund has a direct and measurable impact on the sustainability of our programs and of the school itself. All donations to The New School Fund support operating expenses and are an important part of unrestricted funds. Unrestricted gifts are the most valuable to The New School because they allow us to focus on budget priorities. Every aspect of the school can be strengthened by The New School Fund.
Your Donations in Action
Here are some of the ways your generous donations helped during the 2018-2019 school year, and in preparation for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Sign teachers up for professional association memberships
- Cover costs for teachers attending professional development conferences
- Buy new computers for the main building’s big computer lab
- Remodel a former storage room into a new, dedicated lunch prep space
- Remodel a former storage room into a new writing lab
- Buy new, professional grade jerseys for every sports team
- Change the lights in classrooms, part of our initiative to be more environmentally sustainable
- Install a new lighting system in the Black Box theater
Thank you to all of our generous New School Fund donors for making such a difference in the lives of students and teachers.
The Impact of Monthly Giving: Small Donations Make a Big Difference
Reprinted with edits from the June 2019 Newsletter
Monthly gifts add up throughout the year. Even a small donation each month will end up influencing the lives of New School students.
Thank you to the monthly donors who have supported The New School Fund this year. During the 2018-2019 school year, these monthly supporters combined to donate
$1,975. Thank you to these committed donors who have supported New School students throughout the year. Your gifts have been, and will continue to be, used to support the day-to-day needs of students.
Monthly gifts are an easy way to break up a donation into smaller, more manageable amounts throughout the year. They also help us plan in advance for improvements and enhancements that can be made as a result of these donations.
Just $5 a month will add up to a $60 donation at the end of the year. That donation could be put toward any number of things:
• Four soccer balls for the soccer team and PE classes
• Six computer mice
• Ten paperback copies of a novel for an English class
• 20 canvases for art classes
• More than 100 petri dishes with lids for science experiments
As you can see, even $5 a month can mean a lot to students and can help give the tools they need to explore their passions and discover new avenues for learning. Even small amounts can have a big impact.
Director of Development & Community Engagement